Our Technology > WIRE >>
Though Biddeford Blankets still sends electricity through a single resistive conductor to provide heat, the similarity between today's heating wire and that of old end there. Your Biddeford Blankets product utilizes newer, three part, heating wire technology in the form of a Fusible Linked Dual-Wound Wire.
- This wire uses a specially shaped and helically wound Resistive Heating Conductor in order to provide more efficient heating in the space provided.
- The Resistive Heating Conductor is then surrounded with a Fusible Material. Simply put, this means that this material will signal at a specific temperature.
- And finally, a continuous Senor Wire is then wrapped around the Fusible Material.
When these three parts are assembled to produce one heating wire to pass through the blanket:
- The Fusible Linked Dual-Wound Wire will provide heat in a short amount of time after turning power on.
- The Sensing Wire acts like a thermostat by sensing the change in temperature and accurately telling the controller to stop or add more heat.
- The middle Fusible Material will react at any hotspots in the blanket that are at abnormally high temperature conditions. The Controller is designed to detect this reaction and immediately shut off power to the blanket.